Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What makes a good photo?


There are two types of photography that I am drawen to.  The first is simple images. I love a simple back and white picture, or even color picture of one main subject.  I can tend to be very miumual  when it comes to pictures. I like when there is one subject matter and it speaks for its self, like in this picture. 


I also think a really great photo is one that tells a story, or captures a moment. I have a personal love for wedding photos because of the story they capture. I love this picture because it is so simple but it also makes you think and wonder what was going on. 

I tend to like pictures that have more of a natural or understated tone. Nothing drives me more crazy than a picture that you can tell has been photoshoped and is full of ultra vivid colors. This photo drives me crazy.
  
If people are going to photoshop a picture a lot I like when they do something to tone it down such as shown in these pictures. 


Good photography is very much in the eye of the viewer. What one person likes can vary between people a lot. They best way to ensure that you have a good picture if to follow rules such of the rules of 3rds and making sure your photo has good composition.  Its a lot easier to change things like color than trying to change composition. 




No comments:

Post a Comment